Pursue Biology at the Graduate Level
UB’s Master of Arts and Master of Science in Biology degree programs offer a contemporary curriculum that emphasizes the principles and experimental approaches of modern biology. They are designed to address the diverse needs of each type of graduate-level biology student. Both programs cover a wide-range of biological sub-disciplines, such as toxicology, ecology, and genetics, to prepare you for greater opportunities both professionally and academically.
Benefits to our program include:
- Small student-to-faculty ratio, which allows you to work closely with elite faculty who are active in and recognized for research in the field
- Opportunity to learn from and connect with featured guest speakers
- Close proximity to leading biotech and pharmaceutical companies for internship and future employment opportunities
- State-of-the-art laboratory facilities at out seaside campus
Customize Your Experience
We offer a variety of customization options so you may select the academic plan that best suits your goals. First, we offer concentrations in Molecular Biology, Biomedical Science, or Ecology and Evolution to allow you to gain even deeper knowledge in a category of your choosing. We also offer two degree options, the Master of Arts or Master of Science in Biology:
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Biology
This option emphasizes design and execution of experimental work. In this program, you will be required to complete a thesis featuring your original research. Students in this program will most likely be pursuing terminal degrees following the completion of their degree.
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in Biology
This option emphasizes career building. As a student in the M.A. degree program, you will have the option of pursuing an internship or completing your degree with coursework only. Students in the M.A. degree program will most likely be working professionals interested in advancing their careers by gaining expertise in the field of biology.