Students completing the Advanced level of the English Language Institute will be able to:
- Use English grammar in oral communication and academic writing with infrequent or minor errors so that meaning is clear.
- Demonstrate the reading skills needed to determine meaning from academic texts and Internet resources.
- Write stylistically appropriate language for academic essays, research papers, and reports while understanding and avoiding plagiarism.
- Take notes on academic lectures and answer questions based on notes.
- Participate in academic and informal conversations using information read or heard.
- Give a semi-formal oral presentation on an academic topic.