Application Requirements

  • Students on F2 visas may attend for one session only if they apply after arrival in the US. If the intention is long term study, they should apply for change of status to F1 student visa.
  • Citizens, permanent residents, and certain other visa holders may attend all day, only morning classes, or only afternoon classes.
  • Students accepted into University of Bridgeport undergraduate or graduate programs but who can not show proof of English proficiency may attend ELI on a UB I-20 and continue at the university once their English meets the required level.
  • Students may apply directly to English Language Institute and receive an I-20 for language study only.