B.S. Professional Studies-Healthcare Administration
Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree at any of our Three Connecticut Locations -Bridgeport, Stamford or Waterbury
The Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies is a career-focused, degree-completion program that refines student skills and abilities for application in a broad range of professions. The accelerated program is designed to provide students with organizational leadership, technical and analytical skills, communication, and professional development skills valued by employers and required in today’s workplace for entry-level management positions.
The Professional Studies program features campus-based and online and is perfect for the busy adult learner with its flexible scheduling and supportive staff.
Classes are conveniently scheduled so you can choose from evening, weekend and online courses.
The Healthcare Administration concentration of the Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies degree will help students manage the business side of healthcare. The program explores the different ways healthcare is delivered and managed that include regulatory, technological, financial and administrative factors in the context of a rapid-changing healthcare industry.
The Healthcare Administration concentration will prepare graduates to:
- Demonstrate the knowledge of the fundamental and technical concepts of healthcare management and apply it to decision-making in managing within healthcare organizations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the core disciplines of healthcare administration: healthcare organization and structure, healthcare finance, healthcare policy, and/or public health to enhance decision-making in managing the healthcare organizations.
- Use contemporary federal and state health policies to analyze various healthcare issues.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the primary ethical values underlying the healthcare institutions and delivery (i.e., respect for persons, beneficence, and justice, in managerial decision-making).
- Apply basic statistical, quantitative, and economic concepts and tools to support analysis and decision-making.
Degree Requirements Summary (120 credits)
Healthcare Administration Program Requirements (21 credits)
Includes courses in Introduction to Community and Public Health, Management of Health Care Information Systems, Law and Ethics in Health Care, Health Care Financial Management, Health Care Organization & Administration, Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences and Health Care Strategic Management.
Professional Studies Program Requirements (24 credits)
Includes courses in Fundamentals of Management and Leadership, Social Impact of Technology, Business Math, Analytical & Persuasive Writing, Critical Thinking & Writing, Business & Professional Communications, Public Communications and Budgeting & Finance for Organizations.
University Core Curriculum (42 credits)
Includes courses in English, Fine Arts, Humanities, Liberal Arts, Math, Natural Sciences and Social Sciences.
General Electives (33 credits)
Select courses that expand your field of study and provide depth in a particular discipline. The General Electives allow for transferring a multi-disciplinary number of credits from other schools, while providing opportunity to customize your learning experience.
The Professional Studies program is accelerated with multiple options for transfer of credits: prior learning through work experience, military service and competency exams.
The maximum of 66 credits may be transferred in from an accredited two-year school and 90 credits from an accredited four year school.
Program of Study – Click Here (PDF)