Cheerleading Coach (Part-time)
The University of Bridgeport, Department of Athletics has an immediate opening for a part-time Cheerleading Coach. The incumbent will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Cheerleading/ Spirit Program.
- Scheduling and attending all practices and competitions;
- Scheduling of tryouts for new members;
- Scheduling of any competitions;
- Choreographing of all materials for games and other related events;
- to coordinate special events;
- Publicity appearances;
- Community service visits and fundraising opportunities for the program;
- Coordinate athletic performances;
- Other duties as assigned.
The Cheerleading Coach will work with Business Manager in preparing and operating within budget, and in the coordination of fundraising efforts for the program. Must be committed to the academic and athletic development of all student athletes. Adherence to all University, East Coast Conference and N.C.A.A. policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree; supplemented by 2-3 years successful of coaching experience,
- American Association of Cheerleading Coaches and Administrators (AACCA) Certification preferred,
- Expertise in technical aspect of sport;
- First aid certification;
Good organizational and communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively with college student athletes, athletic staff, University personnel and Alumni;
- Ability to work during non-traditional work week which may include evenings, weekends and holidays;
- Willingness to fundraise.
The University of Bridgeport is committed to building a diverse university community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Individuals interested in being considered for this position should submit the following documents either electronically or by mail: 1) resume, 2) letter of interest which includes a narrative detailing how the candidate fulfills each of the required and preferred items listed under Qualifications, and 3) names, email addresses and telephone numbers of three references who can provide current assessments of the candidate’s qualifications for the position.
Department of Human Resources
University of Bridgeport
Wahlstrom Library, 7th Floor
126 Park Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604
Fax: (203) 576-4601
It is the policy of the University of Bridgeport to prohibit discrimination in admissions, educational programs and employment, and in the provision of services on the basis of legally protected class characteristics (unless there is a bona fide occupational qualification related to employment), or any other unlawful factor. Protected class characteristics include race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, creed, ancestry, workplace hazards to reproductive systems, sex (gender identity, gender expression, sexual harassment), marital status, civil union status, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, national origin, physical/mental/learning disability, veteran status and any other group protected by civil rights laws.
The University of Bridgeport complies with Clery Act and maintains records of campus crime statistics and security policies. Copies of University of Bridgeport Annual Security and Fire Report reports are available at http://www.bridgeport.edu/Media/Website%20Resources/documents/life/CampusSecurityReport.pdf