Getting Started With Blackboard - Students
What is Blackboard?
· Blackboard is the University of Bridgeport’s “online classroom”
· Students will only see those courses on Blackboard that their instructors have made available to
students (students should use Webadvisor to see a list of all their courses)
· Students MUST have a UBNet account in order to use Blackboard
How do you get started using Blackboard?
· Set up your UBNet account:
A UBNet account is required for obtaining access to courses on Blackboard (and also allows you to access a email@example.com email account, access the UB online library databases, and register online through myUB).
To set up your UBNet account:
http://www.bridgeport.edu/ubnet/ then click on New UBNET Account on the left
· Login to Blackboard:
Once a UBNet account has been set up, students can access Blackboard through myUB within 24 hours. If a student can login to Blackboard, but do not see their current courses listed, they should contact their instructors to make sure Blackboard has been made available to students for that course.
To login to Blackboard: go to myUB and click on Blackboard in the middle, or Academics--Blackboard on the
· If you cannot login:
If you cannot login to myUB, please follow the instructions on the bottom for myUB help.
Blackboard tips & resources
· For more tips on using Blackboard, including a Blackboard User Guide for Students:
Have questions or need help?
· Contact the Distance Learning Office:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-470-7307